Sunday, October 19, 2008

How Bazaar

This week I celebrated my birthday (never you mind which one). It wasn't anything too exciting, but I was happy to spend time with my family.

We didn't really go anywhere this weekend either; still up to our ears in boxes. Actually, that's not entirely true. We've been working hard and are now down to our knees in boxes, but there's still all the stuff that belongs on the walls on the floor. At least we can navigate from room to room without obstruction. We even found a little room for some added furniture.

Twice each year, the Misawa Officers' Spouses Club hosts the Far East Bazaar. This weekend was the second of the year. We found lots of stuff we wanted, but we don't yet know what kind of space we have available so we mostly restrained ourselves from making impulse purchases. We did, however, find a couple of lamps we couldn't walk away from. They are actually from Hawaii, but that's kind of "Far East-ish." Right?

For now, we're looking forward to the next bazaar. Of course, we have to keep our options open, cause we'll find a lot of stuff we won't be able to live without over the next few years.

Otanjoobi omedetoo gozaimasu (to me),
Marty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Bithday to you,Happy Birthday to you my baby boy!!!

Najlae said...

Japan! how cool!
marty!!!so good to read you!! glad you guys are doing good! hey my email is najlaebb@gmail.com
cant wait to get the pix!
say hi to your family for me.