Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Trip Pics - Tokyo

I'm losing sleep for this post. Here's so my wife will get off my back for posting without pictures:


The Spanish teacher's pet. El perro?



This is what women look like in their natural habitat, a jewelry store. This one specialized in pearls. Notice the male in the background with a bewildered and confused look.


Hey, rickshaw boy! Stop checking out girls and take me to the Sumo tournament.


We're HUGE in Japan ... or at least we would have been in the Edo Period.

Now for a little Sumo.


They already have wedgies, so they just have to battle for lunch money.


Part of the 360 degree view from Tokyo Tower.

This one's for you, Dave. Now will you come visit?
A glimpse of the Giant Panda. Ok it was a cow, but we pretended so the trip to the zoo didn't feel like a waste.
I can only surmise that this is what became of the dear, departed Giant Panda. Or maybe this is just a Hollywood stunt double. Skadoosh!


View from the ginormous Ferris Wheel.

Yeah, I did that. No, I didn't get the lousy t-shirt.


Finally, our ride home - the Shinkansen.

And of course ... the Tooth Fairy's pet.
Sorry for the delay in photos. I hope I didn't force anyone to use their imaginations.
Marty

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics and added commentary!

Jessica Kok said...

I don't think I'll ever understand sumo.

I love the girl in the rickshaw picture. It looks like she's turning back to a parent about to ask "what's that crazy white guy doing?"

Love the pictures. Thanks to Vanessa for making you post them!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the pics,but it was wild in my imagination!Wish you could have been there.teehee

Unknown said...

Love the pics of your family. Loved reading about your experiences. Remember Aunt Sandy? I am still in UT.