Saturday, October 07, 2006

Heading Home

I'm currently sitting at the USO in Naples, Italy awaiting the continuation of my flight home. We checked in at the terminal at camp at 4 o'clock this morning and took off about 8:30. We stopped in Bahrain, Crete, currently Naples, and our next stop Shannon, Ireland. From there we'll fly across the pond and I'll catch my connecting flight to San Antonio. I should arrive in SA in about 25 1/2 hours.

I'm looking forward to my homecoming. And since my "trip" to Djibouti is coming to an end, so is this blog. But don't worry, I think I'm a little addicted to the blogging thing, so I'll just rename my blog and press on. Stick around.

NMP,

Marty

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to your coming home too!!!

We love you!
Aiden and Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Glad your back in the good old USA. I'm glad you are going to keep on blogging I like to read them and see what your doing. Luv ya,Mom

Anonymous said...

Marty, it's good to hear you're on your way home. Sounds like you had quite a time. When you get off of R&R give me a ring, I'd love to talk to you. The blog was fun to read although I was disappointed you weren't able to post pictures for your last few blogs. Have a safe trip home. Joe

Anonymous said...

I wish that we knew that you were over in Naples on a layover! We would have come down and visited with you! :( If you're ever "in country" again you can't NOT tell us! Love, Angi