Friday, October 27, 2006

Blog Transition

I've been home for a few weeks now. Sorry to leave everyone teetering on the edge of their seats waiting for my next update.

Since I'm no longer in Africa, the question of the day is 'what to do with the blog?' Several people have told me they enjoy being able to see what I'm up to and I actually like writing out bits of my life for all you voyeurs to enjoy, so I suppose I should keep blogging. Let me forewarn everyone that it isn't going to have a lot of pictures from Africa. I suppose I could occasionally catch you up with the photos from Tanzania, but if I saw you this past week, you've probably seen the pics by now. Otherwise, future pictures will likely be of my growing family.

We're expecting our +1 on January 2. With any luck he will arrive before the end of the year. We're still working out a name for the boy, but Aiden isn't a very big help. He's going with "Clunker the Clown cause he's a clown." I honestly don't know where he gets these ideas, but it looks like the new guy is going to have quite the ornery big brother.

By the way, I've finished the book on the right ("Axis of Evil"). It took me forever to read. I wouldn't recommend it. I'll update with my current books when I have another minute.

Not getting rid of me that easily,

Marty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are glad you are home.

Vanessa and Aiden

Anonymous said...

teetering.
in.
anticipation...

what will the new blog offer? will it have the worldwide appeal that it enjoys now?
will it offer cliffhangers and angry rants about how Blogger photos aren't working?
great! i can't wait!

so nice to be back in the "new world," no?

now if only i didn't have to fly back to alaska to do actual *work*...

oh, and clunker sounds like an awesome name. actually, i've always been partial to galileo.

i'm not kidding.

stop laughing at me. it just isn't nice.