Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Trick-or-Treat

I hope everyone had a safe holiday. Is Halloween a real holiday? If not, I like to think so anyway. It's always been one of my favorites. Probably because it follows my birthday and I've always felt like it was an extension of my special day.

We took Aiden to our church carnival and got stuffed on hotdogs, nachos and cotton candy. Then we ventured off into a neighborhood for some good ol' fashioned door-to-door beggin'.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Aiden had two different costumes this year. Last week he went to his school as a fireman. Then a couple of days ago I was meandering through the Base Exchange and found a Spiderman costume complete with muscles for a buck-twenty-seven. I thought it was a pretty sweet deal especially before the actual holiday. And Aiden LOVES Spiderman so I figured he'd wear it a few more times just for play.)

He was a little apprehensive at first about going up to strange doors, but soon overcame his fears after he realized the payoff. I guess it's a good thing he's a little fearful about strangers, but probably not so good that a little candy can sway him. NOTE: If there are any potential kidnappers out there reading this, don't get any bright ideas.

We walked around a few blocks and he collected quite a stash. I'm sure some would think there's no such thing as too much candy, but Vanessa always has candy around the house so I think that and a few additional handfuls from strangers will last him well into his teens.

Scare ya later,

Marty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed carving pumkins with two of my three favorite guys before Halloween. Hope to do it alot of Halloweens in the future. Luv ya, Mom Too C U T E....