Friday, November 24, 2006

More than the turkey is stuffed

Ugh! So full! Sleepy! Why did my hand keep shoveling food into my mouth? Why is it that every year I tell myself that I'm not going to overeat at Thanksgiving, yet every year I do just that? I swear my plate wasn't that full, but I feel like I consumed the entire bird and all the fixins by myself.

Perhaps the problem is the dual Thanksgiving meals that I am often confronted with. As much as everyone complains about having to prepare the feast-of-feasts, they sure do relish in getting their hands dirty. And for some unknown reason, I am all too happy to indulge in the fruits of their labor. On the positive side, I will only have to eat the leftovers for the next day or so while our hosts have to continue until the last bit of "mile-high broccoli casserole" is gone.

To those loving families that prepared such Thanksgiving delights, thank you. We'll do it again next year.

Gobble, Gobble,

Marty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was pretty stuffed all day too. I'm sure "Clonky" enjoyed the superb cooking prepared by both grandmas!

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Who said I was cooking next year! I thought we all was invited to the Gerst house for Turkey Day? What do you think I've been grooming you all to take over all the cooking!!! wah ha ha ha!(evil laugh) Your Loving(Retired) Mother