Sunday, February 25, 2007

S.O.S.

No, I'm not in need of rescue--S.O.S. is Squadron Officer School and that's to where I'm en route. S.O.S. is part of my professional military education; one of those blocks that I have to fill. I will be filling it for the next 5 weeks in Montgomery, AL, and that means being away from my family.

As for my family...all is well with the baby; he's cooing and smiling and looks so much like his big brother. Aiden is doing well too, with the exception of the occasional mishap at school. We all went bowling last week and had a fun time. I took pictures, but I'm sure you know me well enough to know that I was again a slacker and didn't post anything. Perhaps I'll make it up to you when I have some spare time in the next several weeks. And may the Lord be with Vanessa as she has to, once again, be a single parent.

I stopped in at Holiday Inn Express for the night and should probably get to sleep so I'm well rested for the remainder of my drive tomorrow.

Feeling smarter already,

Marty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be in our thoughts and prayers daddy! Can't wait to see you again. We love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Marty,
I am so enthralled reading your blog posts. You have such a knack for the written word! By the way, your baby is absolutely GORGEOUS. I couldn't believe that a newborn could look SO MUCH like you fresh out of the womb, but that was my first thought, "holy cow! It's mini-Marty!!" :) I hope this find you and Vanessa and your precious boys well. My love to you all! Reading through these blogs makes me miss the "old days!!" :( Hope we can catch up sometime on one of your infamous trips to OK!

Shawnda