Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Early Turkey Day

I didn't post last week because at least half of my audience was here for Thanksgiving, or at least the weekend before the holiday. The boys had an awesome time with their grandparents and Auntie Megan and Aiden enjoyed spending time being a terror with his cousin. The women folk went out shopping on a daily basis, so V's dad and I managed to play a couple of rounds of golf. I'm sure V's shopping skills were honed, but I can't say the same for my golf skills. Nonetheless, I enjoyed getting out and playing.

Our company departed before TG, so our immediate family had a nice turkey dinner with a few fixins. Vanessa and Aiden even made a pumpkin pie (if it had been pecan I would have eaten too much of it all by myself, and I certainly don't need that). EWG even enjoyed a taste of his first Thanksgiving dinner. It was actually nice to not be so stuffed after the traditional turkey dinner.

Lately I've been really, really busy after work. I joined a band. Mostly I play the drums, but sometimes I pick up a guitar or vocals. We just usually play to our strengths depending on who shows up to be in the band. I guess I should mention that I'm talking about the video game Rockband ... sorry, I couldn't resist.

So last night I had one of those "in-the-weeds" dreams about playing the video game and slept horribly. Tonight, I've decided that I should do something else before immediately going to bed in order to assuage those kind of dreams. Hopefully updating my blog will do the trick.

Sweet Rock-n-Roll dreams,
Marty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seemed we all enjoyed out laid back TG. Aiden did make a killer pumpkin pie!!

Suprisingly, I'm enjoining being the lead singer in the Meatwads. I guess it gives me a venue for really singing along to songs which I usually reserve for myself and the car ride to and from school.

Anonymous said...

Nubian Bananas Rock!

Anonymous said...

I was totally expecting the word Katelyn to immediately follow the word terror. :) ;) Had a very fun time thanks again.

Meg