Saturday, May 20, 2006

My First Blog...Enjoy!

Here it is! The long-promised blog. Please hold your applause till the end, I don't know how it's going to turn out yet.

So after a long, long, long, long (yes that's four layovers spanning two days) trip I finally arrived here in Djibouti, Africa. I arrived in country at about 3:20 a.m local time. Let me just say that it was quite a shock to my system. I've felt hot before, but this was a new level. When I stepped off the plane onto the tarmac I instantly felt the heat radiating up my legs. Did I mention it was three in the morning?

The weather here is hot. Forget what you see on the news about it being "only" 95 degrees. The heat index started at about 108 when I arrived and continues to rise almost daily. Today it was a mere 112 degrees. The humidity is at around 85 percent, but it doesn't really rain here. But it doesn't feel so bad to me anymore.

After about a week of breaking into a dripping sweat upon stepping outside, I've finally become acclimated to the weather (or as much as a non-native to this country could).

The camp isn't so bad, but I'll get into that on my next post. For now I'm going to see if this will post this time. I promise to include some pictures soon also.

Until my next free moment,

Marty

P.S. Happy 10th Anniversary Sweetheart!

3 comments:

Martin Gerst said...

I think you're hot all the time. We love you and miss you!

Love,
Vanessa and Aiden

Anonymous said...

Blog on.......and be safe...and in your spare time have fun....

Love,
Rick and Anita

Anonymous said...

Blog on dude......Be safe and enjoy your steamy vacation from regular life......

Love Rick and Anita