Monday, December 18, 2006

Holiday Cheer

It’s that time of year again; time to get into the Christmas spirit. I admit we’re gearing up a little late, but we’re getting there nonetheless.

Aiden has been asking for outdoor decorations since we returned from our Thanksgiving trip to Oklahoma. Unfortunately, weather and timing haven’t been so generous here in San Antonio. I know you’re thinking that it hasn’t been that cold here, but it has…for San Antonio (30-40 degrees). And there have been nice days, like yesterday (80’s), that are just too beautiful to not get out and enjoy AWAY from the house. Fortunately, I was released from work a little early Friday afternoon and headed straight home to get to work on a surprise for Aiden. He was more than thrilled to see the house lit up when he arrived.


(I think we're going to add a little more, but at least it's a start)

And because the weather was so beautiful yesterday, we went on another trip to miniature golf. Aiden did an even better job of gripping the club correctly and lining up to hit the ball. Before our golf outing, we ate at a new Mexican food restaurant. Don’t worry; you’ll get to go too when you come for a visit.

When we got home, the dogs got into the holiday spirit and begrudgingly donned their gay apparel.


(That's Aiden's hat, but he wanted to share with Bailey)


(And who do you think will be pulling the Grinch's sleigh this year?)

In the mean time, we’re trying to decide if we should wait until after the baby is born to celebrate Christmas. I suppose it would only be right to wait until his FIRST Christmas to officially let him partake in his “Baby’s First Christmas.” But if we wait, then Aiden will get another present “from his little brother.” I don’t think I’ll ask Aiden for his input, but feel free to let me know what you think.

Hope your holiday is filled with blessings,

Marty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Celebrating Christmas like normal sounds good to me. It will be Aiden's last as an "only" child. Maybe it will be special for him.

Of course, if Marty gets his Christmas wish the baby may be here by Christmas or shortly after so we might be spending it in the hospital. I guess only time will tell!

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

I may turn you into a Grizwald yet! My granddogs look to cute. Looking forward to seeing you real soon. Getting excited!!! Getting those Granny kisses all warmmed up for that little one,I'll use Aiden to warm up on first. Think he'll mind? Luv ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

So is Suki exhausted from all that sled pulling?