Saturday, January 30, 2010

I know when I'm not wanted

OK, so that isn't completely accurate. Since getting my deployment tasking in October, I was told I would be doing this PA mentoring business. Shortly upon arriving here at Camp Spann, I was informed there was some confusion as to whom I actually belong. The higher headquarters in Kabul (IJC, CSTC-A, NTM-A -- don't ask me what all those acronyms mean or what each organization does 'cause I honestly don't know) have been trying to stake their claims. Yes, it is nice to have everyone want you. Unfortunately, it isn't nearly as appealing as you would think; I now have to endure my most dreaded part of deployment -- transiting.

As much as I enjoy being part of this team here and meeting with the ANA PA shop regularly, it was welcome news to find I'll be heading to a different assignment in Kabul. I've been stuck here in limbo as to my actual job and can't really justify my being here while there is a civilian here for the very reason I came. In other words, I'm underemployed and bored.

And in other news, while I would encourage you to continue reading the referral blogs, I'll likely have to find more opportunities to post my own exploits. I hope you'll stay tuned.

Unless I can find another blog to mooch off of, I'll keep you posted.

Marty

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Good...I was hoping you would post more often:) You've got great writing skillz!! Be safe during the transiting! We miss you!!!!!!!

Mom said...

I do love reading your blogs.More please:)