Monday, January 18, 2010

Referral

I made it to my camp, Camp Mike Spann, and have been here for close to a week. It's a small, army-run camp, with an attached NATO camp, all within the confines of an Afghan National Army camp. I'm pretty sure you could lob one of the millions of rocks covering the ground from one side to the other if you had a stiff tailwind. I probably won't try it so as not to fail in my attempt and knock someone out with said rock when it doesn't clear the camp.

There are few amenities here, but that just means more time for me. I really want to work on studying Japanese and work on my photo editing (PhotoShop) skillz, cause we all know chicks dig guys with skillz. I've also set a goal of a six pack by my thirty-sixth b-day; I shall call it '6 by 36', and hopefully it doesn't end in me drinking a 6-pack on my 36th b-day instead. I probably should have started on that goal sooner, perhaps earlier in life.

As I said, the camp itself isn't too exciting, but my mission sounds promising. Having said that, I must say that we're at the whim of our Afghan National Army and Afghan National Police public affairs units' schedules. What that means so far is only a few hours each week of actual mentoring/advising work.

The good news is I don't have to go into every detail of my day-to-day because I have two high-speed Senior Non-Commissioned Officers who have blogs. You can find links to their blogs below on the right side. I even read them regularly to find out what I've been up to.

I'll try to take some exciting photos to share, but honestly the other two blogs have those covered too.

Marty

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thanks for the other links...btw I'll be your cheer leader from a far for the 6 by 36!

Stronger than steel,
Hotter than the sun;
Marty won't stop,
'til he gets the job done!

Mom said...

Good blog hope there is a lot more Love ya,