Thursday, July 27, 2006

My boss is a rockstar!

I just found out that my boss was in a band in his youth. Okay, he's not so much a star, but he did have a go at it. He actually even recorded a few tracks. I listened to a few of them today and they weren't bad. I'm not a music critic, so I won't bore you with comparisons to other bands and influences, etc. I can say, sure he made them in the late 80's and early 90's, but they sound pretty much like the alternative you hear today.

Have I mentioned we have karaoke night on camp? Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to get him on stage. I'll let you know how that works out.


(That's my boss in the middle. The stage he will be performing on is in the background)

rockin' out in DJ,

Marty


P.S. This post is not to be construed as "brown-nosing."


~Coming soon... a link to my MEDCAP story~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So he hasn't sung at karaoke yet? It sounds like you've got a mission! You're going on a mission start the count down 5,4,3,2,1! Sorry--too much Little Einsteins, thanks to Aiden.

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Rock star - No
Guitar hacker - yes
Well...Marty's not the first guy to say Know Idea was "ahead of it's time"

...just wish I could post a sample mp3 to this blog...

Anonymous said...

Hey Marty! Maddie wanted me to tell you that she misses you and can't wait to see you guys and play with Aiden. You are taking such great pics! We enjoy looking at them!

Miss ya bunches!
Tracey

Anonymous said...

I bet you can talk him in to it.I haven't met a musician/singer ex or current that don't like to show off just a little. Also you are pretty persuasive when you want to be(I know) Luv ya,Mom