Tuesday, August 08, 2006

August 7, 1995

The Stream

As I walked along through the woods
I came upon a stream,
a stream that seemed so lonely
a stream that seemed so sad.
So I layed down by the stream
and looked up at the sky.
And as I layed there by the stream

I heard it sing its song.
It sang of spring and autumn
and of times now long gone.
It sang of deer that played along its banks,
and birds that played along.
But as I layed there longer,

the stream it changed its song,
now it sang of death and loneliness,
and of memories gone.
And when the song was finished,

a tear came to my eye,
because I just realized,
that the stream I was hearing was really deep inside.

By Shane Kinney

My brother died on this day 11 years ago. He suffered from kidney failure and ultimately succumbed to complications from it. He struggled with it for several years. Although it seemed sudden to our family, he knew he wasn't going to live to a ripe old age. It was tough for me to get past his death and my eyes are tearing as I type this. My children will never know their uncle. And we’ll never know how great he would have become. I can only imagine what he was thinking about as he approached the stream.

Rest in Peace Bro,

Marty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But he's been able to watch you this whole time from Heaven and see what an awesome brother, son, man, husband, father and friend you've turned into.
Love, Joe and Angi

Anonymous said...

What an honor for you to do this for Shane. I know he is as proud of you as I am. You was a good little brother a pain in his butt... but you did your job well. I'm proud to be the Mother of to fine boys. Luv ya, Mom