Sunday, August 06, 2006

Still Life

Since nothing new has been happening lately, I thought I would throw some more pictures up to keep you entertained. I took these in various places in Kenya.

After a long day at the MEDCAP, I decided to take a lounge in a hammock that was hanging from a tree. It was quite high and a little hard to get into, but I finally managed. I thought the view made some interesting lines

Some days, beer was available. These are not puny American-size beers.


This bike was one of hundreds at the Mpeketoni clinic.

These were on the island of Lamu. Looks like the US Embassy made the contribution a few years ago.

About 6 of us ate one of these scrumptious snacks for around 4 bucks total. It included a hot chai tea, several different breads and a skewer of the best seasoned meat I've had since I've been here. I think it was beef, but I could be wrong.

Otoscope one of the docs was using.


Many of the doors on Lamu were intricately carved and/or embellished such as this one. I think I'm going to find a similar door for my own home.

There were also many interesting signs hanging in Lamu.







Trying to stay sane,

Marty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the pics. Thanks for sharing! We miss you!

Love,
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

I like to see some of that stuff I like to see pictures of you too. Luv ya,Mom