Monday, August 21, 2006

A little busy

I haven't been anywhere except my desk for days now. We kicked off a huge multinational exercise after my last post. Everyone was gone from my office but me and the chief. We were doing fine supporting everyone downrange. We got an augmentee from a higher headquarters and were afraid we wouldn't be able to keep her busy. We were wrong!

If you have been watching any news for Africa, you probably saw stuff about the flooding in Ethiopia. If you haven't heard anything about Africa, why are you reading my blog? (For those of you just joining, Djibouti is a country in Africa)

We have had quite a bit of media attention and have done what we could to encourage it. News shouldn't be just about war and Jon Benet Ramsey. Maybe important for the bottom line for that multinational conglomeration that is pandering to the dollar, but perhaps not everyone is as enamored by "if it bleeds, it leads" news.

Long story short, It's been hectic. Fortunately the exercise has come to a close, the Seabees are wrapping up what they were doing in Ethiopia, and my desk is a mess. I think any sort of filing system I may have utilized before deteriorated rapidly, and here's the result.



Slowing down soon I hope,

Marty

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Marty.....I was beginning to worry about you....no blog for two weeks...you can't leave us hanging like that! We have been flooding in Alaska, too....go figure!

Capt. Shipe's wife

Anonymous said...

Marty,
FYI - It is currently raining, 48 degrees with an expected HIGH of 55 degress today.

Cpt. Shipe's wife

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things are slowing down. I bet you will have time to clean you desk now:) I must say however it doesn't look too bad. I should send you a pic of my desk after just the 1st week of school! If it is any consolation I don't use it anyway. I just pile stuff on it:)

Love you and miss you!

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Are we just a LITTLE cranky? Want to come put up with my little old ladies for awhile? Me neither I'd rather be fishing. Well such is life.Glad things are looking up in Ethiopia. Luv Ya have a good week,Mom

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. that desk would look much better with a cool Macbook sitting on it. :)

Anonymous said...

Aiden thinks your work involves coloring and watching T.V. That is what he mentioned after seeing your dirty desk!

Aiden misses you!