Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Dinner, Bowling, Go-karting

A few days ago, I went out with a group for a going away. We had dinner at none other than La Terrasse where, if you've been following, you know what I had for dinner. I honestly considered trying something different, but when the time came to order, I just couldn't decide on anything special. Maybe next time...

Dinner was followed by a game of bowling. We split up into teams and of course my team won. I say that like I'm a good bowler--I don't think our cumulative score was much more than 300. What I should have said was that we didn't lose as much as the other teams. Needless to say, I think everyone tired of bowling quickly.

It was still early after we finished bowling so the consensus was to go ride go-karts. Not that a taxi ride in Djibouti isn't a hair-raising enough experience. I was having a great time for about the first 4 minutes. Then my two, yes both, back tires blew out and I had to pit. I don’t think the guy running the track wanted to let me back out, but he finally motioned me to another kart and said something about using the brake instead of sliding around every turn. What fun is that?

For some reason I didn’t take my camera out of my pocket until we were outside in the dark. So my pics for the night consist of some grainy, blurry go-karting pics.


(Giddy up!)


(Don't worry, I didn't run over the guy standing in the middle of the track)

Vroooooooooommm!

Marty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiden said, "That's pretty cool and why is dad laying down?"

We miss you!

Vanessa and Aiden

Anonymous said...

Our team score was 400.

My 87 didn't help.