Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Catch Up, Part II

As promised, here's the next installation of my making reparations.

We visited the zoo (the last time with our annual pass) with some friends. Aiden took his camera along, but I somehow managed to erase all of his pictures while downloading them to the computer. Here's one of him feeding the birds. I believe the cost of the small cup of sugar water was considerably more than tuppence.

Ethan had his four month well-baby doctor visit. He's in the upper percentile for his height, but his weight and head circumference were in the lower. He's now trying solid foods and we're reading him Plato, so we expect he'll soon be ahead of the pack in those areas. (Editor's note: I know that we'll have no impact on his brain size and thereby his head circumference--it was a joke, people! Try to keep up.)

After a trip to our new season pass choice, Sea World, we stopped at Cold Stone Creamery for a treat. Aiden prefers chocolate with whatever mix-in tickles his fancy that day.







This has also been a popular time for birthday parties. Here we are enjoying riding bumper boats at the third party in three weeks. Aiden and I are in the red boat. We got drenched. Vanessa, meanwhile, used Ethan as an alibi to abjure getting wet.


I walked into the living room to find Aiden using Ethan's Bumbo seat as a helmet. Aside from the obvious uses as headgear, the seat is very useful for Ethan.







We had our family picture taken to include Ethan. We've had a few various combinations of family members before, but this one is complete...well without the dogs. So, never mind the whole "complete" thing, just enjoy.






Just recently, V's parents came for a visit so we took our first opportunity to get away from the screaming kids overnight (just kidding, they're actually well-behaved, little angels). We went to the coast for a couple of days and let the grandparents enjoy their grandchildren. We stayed in Corpus Christi and visited Padre Island, and Port Aransas as well. While we were there, we took in some night life, the Aquarium, some horseback riding along the beach, and visited the USS Lexington. Vanessa also tried an Appletini.

Upon returning, we took Aiden to start his swimming lessons. It was a rough start, as he wouldn't even get in the pool the first day. He has participated since, although he's still uneasy about the whole water thing.



Next up, Ethan's first pool experience.

Marty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always,what a delight to read your blogs.By the way,are we doing a new word a day thing? Interesting very interesting... Love your favorite nag,Mom

Martin Gerst said...

Not really. I just thought it would be fun if my readers put a little effort into reading the blogs that I put so much effort into writing. My apologies for being verbose. Love you too.

Sarah Smith said...

I must admit that I had to look up 'abjure.' Dictionary.com is my friend. Thanks for augmenting my lexicon. Errr, whatever.

And the Bumbo seat? I had never heard of such an invention! Amazing! I must purchase one! That is, of course, if I ever have another child, as my seven-year-old is likely to protest me plunking him in it...