Saturday, June 30, 2007

Rain, rain, go away...

So we can go to Schlitterbahn to play.

Our friends are coming down from Dallas this weekend to visit. While they're here we're planning to go up to New Braunfels to enjoy the world's best water park. I know I'm looking forward to it. But, oh by the way, there's been some crazy rainfall here for more than a week. I was even released from work early yesterday because of flash flooding. However, it does look like it's beginning to let up and there's only a 40 percent chance for rain tomorrow. I'm okay with that, cause I'm sure that it can't rain all day. I'll keep my fingers crossed (is there any proof that that really works?).

In other news, my friend "Anonymous Mom" is in San Antonio en route to her new home in the DC area. V and I did manage to have dinner with her and her husband, but she's been scarce since (maybe we were bad company). Hopefully, we'll be able to hang out more before she leaves next weekend. (Yes, this is a shameless ploy to guilt her into not thinking up anymore excuses--to include attempting to amputate her foot with a pickle jar and following that up with a sunburn--to not visit more often.)

Hoping for a temporary drought and more company,

Marty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it stops raining up here too.It's flooding streets every where. Not to good for the hair business either.Tell my oldest grandson I have the same thing(illness) we shared in January,Papa shared with Granny this time.Hope to be well in time for us to play.Kiss little Ethanfor me will try to talk to you all tomarrow.Luv Mom

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Sarah Smith said...

Oh, rodrigo, why do you torture me so? Why oh why would you comment on this blog and not offer a translation? I think he's hawking personalized t-shirts, although I can't fathom what that has to do with water parks and pickle jars...

Anyway, I must point out that I never used the sunburn as an excuse not to hang out. Just an observation. And the $250 glue that the base clinic used on my laceration instead of stitches? Yeah, it fell out the next day. Awesome.

My point? Uh, yes, well, I have none (as usual).

We did have a great time when we went out with y'all, except for my, errr, bad reaction to the ehhhh, sushi. Yeah. That's it.