Monday, June 11, 2007

Catch Up, Part I

Okay, okay! Stop with the yelling already. I know I've been a bit of a slacker lately, but the resounding uproar from not keeping this blog up-to-date has been deafening. Yes, there was only one elucidation left by an unhappy reader, but the castigation from my mother makes up for the dearth of protest from the rest of you.

So what’s my excuse? I don’t have one. Yep, I’ve just been a slacker. There have been copious opportunities, as I will exhibit in the next few posts. So now it’s just up to you, my steadfast audience, to continue to behold the exhilaration that is my life. So without further delay, this is what has been happening since my last post…

Birthday
Upon my return (read: the next day), we had a belated birthday party for Aiden's 4th. We let him choose his theme and venue, pirates and bowling. It makes me wonder if pirates ever played games aboard their ships aside from walking the plank and keel hauling.

He had a decent crowd of children, despite the horrible pizza served at the bowling alley and the pirate cake with pink sand frosting, but delicious blue gel water.

Aiden got lots of presents, of course, but I think his favorite was the Fisher Price digital camera that V and I got for him. It's neat to see things from a four-year-old's perspective.

Easter
Easter Sunday was a bust for outdoor egg hunting due to lots of rain, so the Easter Bunny visited our dining room instead. Aiden, unchallenged of course, did pretty well.

I suspect Ethan was a little miffed about not being able to participate.

Fiesta
April in San Antonio also brings Fiesta. Vanessa was off from work so we decided to make a family day of the Battle of Flowers parade. I don't think Ethan got much out of the numerous floats and elaborate dresses worn by the Fiesta queens, but we're counting this as his first parade nonetheless.

Strawberry Festival
April, or maybe early May, was also the annual Poteet Strawberry Festival. We sampled the various carnival foods as well as the obligatory strawberry comestibles, strawberry shortcake, strawberry wine, etc.

And with a carnival comes the various carnival rides. Fortunately, there was a large assortment of kiddy rides that Aiden was able to enjoy.

Well friends, that should whet your appetite for now. I'll go ahead and compose the second part in this post tonight but for now, I'll let you digest this one.

Your humble scribe,

Marty

2 comments:

Sarah Smith said...

I *must* learn how to bowl with a parrot on my shoulder.

Also, EWG's "miffed" photo = priceless.

Anonymous said...

Now,that's more like it.I learned more reading the blog than talking to you every week.For instance I didn't know the theme of the birthday party was pirates! Too cute!!! But of course you could have told me I'm old I forget some... things. Love ya,Mom